Monday 27 April 2015

The Bad News First...

Der Kriegspielers DK 13 French Line Infantry Drummer
DK 13: French Line Infantry Command; Drummer
I'm very sad to report that Ian's Prussian cavalry, which was the project I should have been working on by now, have still not arrived and are beginning to look as if they've been lost in the post. This is maddening, and all the more so as there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. Needless to say, if I'm being too pessimistic and they do show up they'll go straight onto the painting table. I am very, very sorry about this.

The only thing I could think of to try to take my mind off this depressing result was to press on with another project.

As someone once said, sometimes you have to just feel the fear and then do it anyway, so one of Chuck's French line infantry drummers it had to be.

He's the first man of the 45e de ligne, which will be my DK tribute to Ian's magnificent Hinton Hunt 45e and his altogether brilliant blog. Small compensation, I know, but it's the best I could think of in the circumstances.

WM

5 comments :

  1. Hi,

    The Anzac Museum display team reported some lengthy delays courtesy of Customs in NZ holding up boxes of soldiers and recently I have had some of mine checked out by them. Hopefully your delay is just a customs issue.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacko. I'll give them a ring in the morning!

      Delete
    2. Phoned this morning. No luck, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. That is encouraging news but no worries mon brave we could get your drummer to beat out "The Lost Post"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ian. I can't help feeling greatly embarrassed and massively peeved about it!

      Delete