Saturday 25 April 2020

A Tour de Force

My friend Rob G has sent me  these photos of his new French line infantry battalion.

The troops are a blend of Hinton Hunt FN 5: Line Fusiliers advancing, and slightly modified Alberken FN 15: Line Grenadiers, advancing painted as grenadiers and voltigeurs on the flanks. They work together brilliantly.






Rob also sent me these close-ups of the command group, featuring what looks like he might be an Alberken FN 16: Line Voltigeur, painted as a sergeant of fusiliers.



I think they're absolutely stunning!

All the best to you all this Anzac Day

WM

12 comments :

  1. Great painter that Rob G, nice shiny finish. On a shiny note have you seen what he's doing with my old Hinchliffe ECW collection? Rebasing, reorganising, adding beautiful hand painted flags and gloss varnish, taking them to another level really :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he. I am beginning to regret my all-fusilier battalion now....

      Yes, Rob sends me updates ECW from time to time. They are exquisite!

      Delete
  2. Stunning indeed - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Stunning" is an apt term. Suitably Gilder-esque and then some.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... those are rather splendid.
    They certainly brighten up the day.


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep respect. I love Rob's painting style (except the gloss, obviously.......). I see what you mean about the Alberkens complimenting the FN/5s. Marcus' elite fellows look a bit previous to their fusilier comrades with their levelled bayonet pose. I guess that's what makes them elite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and private yachts in the Caribbean, no doubt!

      Delete
  6. Rob has done a nice job on this unit. The Alberken figures mix in very well and are a better match, pose wise, than the Hinton Hunt elite figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all true, Mark, although Rob tells me that their plumes got a bit of a haircut and the bases needed clipping.

      Delete