Sunday 11 September 2022

Hinton Hunters

It's been a while since my last post, which was really not my plan at all. For those wondering what happened, the abridged version looks a bit like this:

I went overseas for work for several weeks, then had to self isolate because half of my travelling companions came down with covid; I then had to deal with the mountain of work which built up in my absence; and then. just over two months ago, I had an accident resulting in three hospital admissions. It may take me up to a year, they tell me, to really come right again, but I'm very glad to say that I'm already sufficiently recovered to return to work in just over a week. It's all been a lot less fraught that it might have been, however, thanks to the wonderful support of my friends, family and colleagues. I'm a very lucky man.

Although I continued to mess about with the 4e Chasseurs à Cheval over much of that time, it's really only for the last two weeks that I've been able to concentrate on them. I hoped to finish them today, but alas it was not to be. Nevertheless, here's a wee peek at where I'm up to. They will definitely be ready for battle by the end of next week.


I'm very keen to get them finished as I have some very special infantry lined up to follow them which I'm desperate to have a crack at!

Yours, finally back in the saddle,

WM


20 comments :

  1. Great to see you back posting - I'm a long-time lurker. Glad you're on the mend and that life is letting you hobby again. Always enjoy your postings as Naps is always one of my fave genres, along with classic old school figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mr B. I'm very pleased you like the blog. I'm really very sorry about the interruption!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Welcome back to blogland. Don't forget to hold on now you're back in the saddle as you don't want to fall off now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you're feeling better Matthew, sounds like you've ad a right old time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one darn thing after another, Rob, but it all seems to be coming back togther again now. The NZ Health Service has it's problems (don't they all), but they certainly know how to patch people back together again. The people at Welly Hospital are oustanding.

      Delete
  4. Glad your feeling better , look after yourself .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you’re back! Hope the injury doesn’t impact the painting too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeffers. I'm getting a little bit better every day.

      Delete
  6. Gosh - sorry to hear you've been through the wars and glad that you are on the mend. Always enjoy your posts and those Chasseurs are inspiring - crack on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on the Chasseurs Matthew and nice to see you have an elite squadron. They should look even more impressive when based!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terribly hesitant about mixing OPCs and dismountables until I saw your magnificent chasseurs, Ian!

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your recent misfortunes, but good to know you are back on the road to recovery. The Chasseurs a cheval look great. I particularly like thee guys on the right forming a human pyramid, presumably so the trumpet sound carries across the battlefield?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was being perched on top of a rickety construction like that trumpeter that led to my accident Dave.

      Delete
  9. Great to see your on the mend Matthew…I hope you are now going to give up on aggressive break dancing 😁
    The figures look splendid…as ever.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Aly. Agressive break dancing is a good description of what led to all this.

      Delete
  10. So glad to see you back in the proverbial saddle WM, hopefully with a safety belt on this time! The chasseurs are turning out lovely, as we all knew they would. Better get them based up soon or we will have dueling blog posts though. The Vistula/7th Lancers just got their glossy coats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paint's all on but not the glossy coats, so you may be beat me to it!

      Delete