Sunday 11 June 2023

Soon Dragoons

Just a bit of an update.

I had a bit of time off this week, what with it being the King's Birthday and all, so some progress happened. Not as much as I'd hoped, but they're at least starting to look dragoonish.


In case anyone is wondering, that is indeed the famous Humbrol Prussian Dragoon Blue you can see there. I had to screw up my courage a bit because the last time I used it on some Airfix Landwehr in about 1978 they looked hideous. I think it looks quite good on the dragoons though. There was a clue in the name, clearly.

Have a great weekend

Yours
WM

8 comments :

  1. Looking good, a really nice mix of horse colours which I think always lifts the look of a unit. The flag looks pretty good too, can't see what the problem was. Now, you just have to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be toooo long now. The main problem with the flag was making it small enough. Anything more than a centimetre high just looked enormous. It's quite difficult to cram all that detail on just a centimetre, however.

      Delete
  2. The Soon Dragoons look lovely Matthew…that blue works a treat.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Aly. I was worried that they would all come out a bit dark, but the white facings and straps have really helped to brighten them back up again.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking, And that flag is even more amazing considering the size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wellington Man12 June 2023 at 09:23

      It’s not absolutely finished yet and could still go horribly wrong!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, those are coming along nicely! You have been busier with a brush than I it pains me to say, but glad one of us has had the chance to do so. Just out of curiosity, please tell me that is not the same pot of Prussian Blue you used back in 1978!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers David. Progress collapsed last week as I've been tied up with other things, but I'm hoping too do better this week.

      It's not the same pot, but it's quite old I think. A chap down the road from me sold me a box full of his old humbrols, and there it was.

      Delete