Sunday 11 October 2020

The Light Fantastic

Progress on my cuiraassiers is inching along, but there's not much to show yet. To make up for this I have some pictures of Rob G's recently completed 20th Light Dragoons.








Rob has made a magnificent job of these. They make my cuirassiers look simple in comparison. The figures, I believe, are all vintage Hinton Hunt BN 50 British Light Dragoon in Shako charging, with one very nicely converted by Rob into an officer.

If it's not cuirassiers next week it'll be something else rather special that's recently come my way....

All the best

WM

Edit: In other news, David C has posted the last installment of our epic refight of Rolica. This was the best fun I've had in ages, and it was an honour and a pleasure getting to know David. He really is a smashing bloke.


16 comments :

  1. They are very nicely painted - love the crowns on the saddlecloths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's maddeningly good, isn't Rob. I want some now!

      Delete
  2. It seems rare to see light dragoons in miniature. Certainly not ones as lovely as these, which even have docked tails. They do my painting heart no end of good.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your sentiments exactly Stokes. Rob has put me to shame and I will crack on with the cuirassiers forthwith.

      Delete
  3. Those are indeed rather lovely...
    Rob certainly knows how to colour in toy soldiers.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, and then some. These were particularly difficult from a technical point of view, so Rob tells me, and I can well believe it!

      Delete
  4. Except I left the blanket roll on the officer which I didn't spot until after I'd painted them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's so nicely done that I doubt anyone noticed Rob!

      Delete
  5. Those really are Brilliant Rob! I am not very politely inclined toward light dragoons at the moment though, seeing how WM used them to snatch the victory at Rolica. These are almost so well painted I am willing to look past that however, almost...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see why they appeal to me, can't you David!

      Delete
  6. I rather like the single casting cavalry figuresand Rob has done them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are indeed "maddeningly good", and this on one of Marcus' trickiest figures. I really like them, but let's have no more WM self deprecation.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very pleased indeed if I came anywhere near to matching these, Archduke.

      Delete
  8. This is great work on a figure that is probably one of the hardest OPC's to paint - puts mine to shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dug out my (admittedly rather flash-encrusted) HH Light Dragoons the other day, and if there were cross belts and straps molded onto their chests I certainly couldn't spot them - they just looked like a mass of random blobs. How Rob went from that to this magnificent squadron is beyond me!

      Delete